Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: Hard Candy Meteor Eyes Baked Eyeshadow in "277 Lunar Eclipse"

The only Hard Candy products I have really dabbled in are their baked face products (blushes and a highlighting bronzer). I was not disappointed with those products at all, so I decided to pick up a baked eyeshadow to see how I liked it compared to the other products that I have tried by this brand.

Lunar Eclipse is the only shade I have tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. This review will be based solely off of this shade and this product alone.









I got this color because I thought it was gorgeous in the packaging! I mean, brownish-black with swirls of gold and flecks of glitter? I don't know how anyone resists these shadows! I thought this would look as a crease color or defining color on the eyes for special occasions or a night out on the town.



The wear time of this product is good (not great) as long as you use an eyeshadow base or primer (I personally liked it a lot over Urban Decay's Primer Potion in "Sin"). The color was pretty, and it did add some shimmer and pop to my eyes.

I'm hesitating to give this a good review because it is a major glitter bomb. I mean, just check back up at the photo of the shadow opened in the packaging. There's glitter everywhere! Since this is a baked product, I would HIGHLY recommend applying it wet. Otherwise, it's just going to be a big mess.

The other downside to this shade is the fact that I don't know where the gold swirls went! I understand that with these products, the colors get blended together during application, but it was a gold-tinted brownish black-- it was just brownish black with sparkles. I would have enjoyed a little bit more of a gold sheen with the sparkles.



Overall, it's not a bad product. Looking at the other color options, I feel like maybe a different shade would turn out better. What do you think?

Like most baked products, you get a significant amount of product that will last you quite a while. These shadows in particular come with 0.11oz/3.15g of product.

The last thing I will say about these is that I'm not fond of the price. While I easily pay around $6 for various makeup products, the quality and the product itself is not worth that much to me. I personally find Wet 'n' Wild singles to be MUCH better quality, and they are only ~$2. And hey, they even have glittery shades!

I don't think I will be purchasing any other shades of this particular Hard Candy product; however, I will use up the one I have, though I will not repurchase this particular one.

Price: $6.00 (US)
Where to buy: Hard Candy is available exclusively through Walmart (including Walmart.com)
Rating: 7/10





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful! I read each and every one, and I will respond as much as I can!