Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo in "20. Painted Purple"

Maybelline's color tattoos are all the rave lately, and I can't say I blame them. My experience with them thus far has been nothing but positive.

These little beauties are cream shadows that the company claims can last 24 hours. While I haven't experimented with a full day, I can attest to the fact that they last a good 4-5 hours (more or less depending on your skin) without a primer. They really don't crease much at all, and the colors stay vibrant, though they may fade a little without a primer.

These can be worn alone or as a base to other eyeshadows. I also find that they make great eyeliners as well! The versatility of cream shadows is what has attracted me to them, but I found that I always had duds until I found these little gems.

They come in a variety of shades and finishes (including matte!), and you get 0.14oz/4 g of product.

That's the general overview of these shadows. Now, I will review the color Painted Purple!







As always, with any brand, specific products can vary in quality across colors. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are no different. I have almost all of the shades from the permanent line, and they are all wonderful. However, this shade was a slight dud for me. It's by no means BAD, but it's not near as pigmented and POW! as the other shades.






With a quick swipe of the finger in the creamy purple shadow and then swatched, one firm swipe left a sheer light purple. That was a bit disappointing seeing as the color is BEAUTIFUL in the pot. The color CAN be built up though, and it takes a little patience, but you can get nice results. It's a shimmery almost duochrome shade that has lots of potential. However, I just find this formula for this particular color to be a little "meh". I will still use it, but I will probably use it as more of an eyeliner or base rather than leaving it on its own like I would the other shades in this line.

Photo: On the left, it is swatched with just one firm quick swipe. On the right, it is built up a little bit more.


Overall, I like this shade. I think it's pretty, but I'm not clicking my heels over it due to the fact that it has to be built up with patience and a little technique.

 Keep in mind that this is just on ME, and my skin is unique, just like everyone's. You may have better luck. If you have, leave me a comment! I love hearing all the different outcomes!

Price: $4.99-7.99 (US)
Where to buy: Maybelline is sold (in the US) almost anywhere where makeup is sold. Drugstores, Target, Walmart, etc. It can also be found online on sites such as drugstore.com or beauty.com.
Rating: 6/10




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful! I read each and every one, and I will respond as much as I can!