Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review: NYC Ultra Last Lipstick in "Berry Rich"

NYC is a fantastic drugstore brand. There are diverse ranges of products that they sell for very affordable prices that are great quality! This lipstick was no different! 









First off, the texture is so soft and creamy. The lipstick practically glides on! It does not really have a smell that I can detect, which is perfectly fine! The lip color goes on almost like a frost, but not quite so shiny. I would compare the finish to one of the Revlon Lip Butters that don't have glitter in them (such as Sugar Plum). Though they have a similar finish to the Lip Butters, I would not call them a "hydrating" lipstick. Though they are not by any means drying on the lips, they just don't have that kind of formula that the Lip Butters have. 



This lipstick is very pigmented, though the color choice is very wearable, especially if you are fair-skinned like me. It is very appropriate for fall since it is a berry color. I would probably wear this year-round despite the unwritten rules of makeup with seasons. 

So how about staying power? Does this live up to the name "Ultra Last"? Eh. Not really. I'd say it lasts just as long as any other lipstick. It does not smudge or feather throughout the day, though (unless you smudge it with your hands or something). Like mentioned, it also does not feel dehydrating on the lips. As long as you don't lick your lips constantly throughout the day, I would say this lipsticks stays on decently well. It does not cling to any cracks or dry skin on your lips. I would say that it remains true to its color without eating, drinking, licking your lips, etc. for 2-3 hours before reapplication would be needed. 

Overall, a great lipstick and a great color from NYC! 

Price: $1.99 (US Dollar)
Where you can buy NYC: Walmart, Target, & most drugstores. 
Rating: 9/10

This product was purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful! I read each and every one, and I will respond as much as I can!