Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review: Wet 'n' Wild ColorIcon Blusher in " 831E, Pearlescent Pink"

If you don't know already, I am a HUGE fan of Wet 'n' Wild products. I have not been disappointed with one of their products yet! They have a good variety of products, and they have just about everything you would need to create a full face look!

One of my favorite products to experiment with (aside from eyeshadows, of course!) are blushes. I have heard people go on and on about Wet 'n' Wild blushes, so I finally decided to check them out! I have three, but this one stood out to me the most, which is why I'm reviewing it first.







It comes with an angled brush applicator, but it is not the best at blending the color. You could use it to pack on the color since it picks up easily, but you may need to use your fingers to blend if you don't have another brush available.

This blush color  is GORGEOUS! It's the perfect shade for fair skinned people. It's a beautiful soft baby pink with a slight sparkle to it that doesn't make you look like you got stuck in the middle of a Gay Pride Parade*.



It's the perfect color for spring/summer, but you could easily get away with wearing it any time of the year! It's a very flattering color. It is a color that can be built up to being more pigmented, but I personally love it just the way it is. I would actually suggest applying this blush with [clean] fingers first, then blend out with a brush. I find that using a brush with this product makes it WAY too bright for my skintone, so that is just a tip if you have a similar skintone (very fair, cool).




The only negative I can say about this is that there is significant powder residue in the pan after application, and if you are not careful, there can be a bit of fallout on your face. If you are not a fan of this, I wouldn't recommend this product; however, the quality and color of it is worth it to me!

It lasts most of the day, especially if you use a setting spray. It doesn't last as long as cream blushes or blushes with more expensive ingredients, but for the price, you just can't beat it! I still love it, and I would recommend it to anyone!

There are 4 different shades of this (I own 3, and will post swatches of these in the future).

Overall, I give this blush two thumbs up! It's inexpensive, and you get 0.14oz/4.0g.

Price: $2.99-3.99 (US)
Where to find: Most drugstores, Walmart, some grocery stores, online (just Google Wet 'n' Wild cosmetics and you'll find websites that sell it!)
Rating: 9/10




*I am not against the LGBT community. It's just a joke because it reminds me of the time I worked in the LGBT Center at my school and my boss was always talking about how the center needed more glitter. Just a slight anecdote to this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful! I read each and every one, and I will respond as much as I can!