Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Khaki Suede

Revlon, as a whole, has never done me wrong. I have not been completely unsatisfied with any products I've purchased. Granted, I've mostly just purchased lip products and an eyeshadow quad, but you get my drift.







I have heard these creme shadows RAVED about on YouTube, so I picked up a couple. I liked this one in particular because of its neutral colors. You can create an entire eye look just using these little palettes, which nice I suppose.



The glitch? They kind of suck. I hate to bash on these since they swatch so beautifully, but unfortunately, they just did NOT work for me. At all.

To begin with, it took a heck of a lot of product just to get some color on the lids. And these eyeshadow pans are not overflowing with product to begin with. I have made quite a dent in some of the colors, and I have only used this quad a couple of times. That's a little disappointing considering they are not the cheapest of eyeshadow products. The second thing that was just absolutely dreadful was the fact that they creased. And I don't just mean like any ol' creme shadow would do. These babies creased just minutes after application (without a primer). I am well aware that creme shadows tend to crease like crazy, but like this? That's just a little crappy for the price. I am really frustrated by this product. I am having a hard time seeing how these products are something to do a jig over. I have tried it without primer which was terrible. I have tried them with primer, and the color payoff was just horrible. I have tried these under shadows, but honestly? I didn't notice a significant difference in the powder shadows alone and with this product. You just REALLY have to pack these on to get any pigmentation.

I don't like giving Revlon a bad review because overall, I find it to be a satisfactory brand, but this product was just a dud in my opinion. I wanted to love it, but I just didn't.

If you have had better luck with this product, please let me know what you did to get it to work. Maybe it truly is just my eyelids. I don't have particularly oily eyelids or anything, so I don't understand why these flopped for me. Oh well.

Price: Ranging $5.99-8.99 (US)
Where to buy: Walmart, drugstores, some grocery stores, Ulta, online, Target, etc. Basically anywhere.
Rating: 2/10

2 comments:

  1. i've heard many bad reviews on these! it's a shame because revlon lip products are awesome!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard many bad reviews on these at all, so that's interesting! I totally agree that their lip products are amazing though! I have several lip products from Revlon, and I haven't used a bad one yet! :)

      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

Please keep comments respectful! I read each and every one, and I will respond as much as I can!